© 2023 All rights reserved. QURA LLC.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in writing, these Terms shall apply to any new features, services or resources that may be added to this web site located at the URL www.qura-med.com and related URLs (“Site”).
- The Company Project Does Not Provide Professional Medical Advice. This Site does not provide professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult your physician or other qualified health provider regarding any medical condition. Please do not disregard or delay in seeking professional medical advice because of the information you have obtained through the Site.
- Site Information and Links. Information on or accessed through this Site may be transmitted through media that are beyond the control of the Company, and its affiliates. Accordingly, the Company is not liable for the failure, delay, interruption or corruption of any information transmission. All files, information, data, text, video, graphics, music, sound, software, photographs, messages and other materials (collectively, “Material”) uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise transmitted via or to the Site (“Site Material”) are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Material originated. Qura does not control, and is not responsible in any way for, including, without limitation, the accuracy, integrity or quality of any information, errors or omissions contained therein, or any loss or damage of any kind arising from the use of the Site. Qura makes no representations whatsoever about any third party Web sites, resources or services that are linked to the Site (collectively, “Third Party Sites”). Third Party Sites are independent from and not operated by Qura, and Qura has no control over the Material or content of those Third Party Sites. Qura does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the Material, or the use or nonuse of Third Party Sites. For your own protection, please carefully review the policies of Third Party Sites before you use such sites.
- License To You. Qura grants you a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to view, print or download a single copy of the Site Material solely for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You agree not to (and agree not to allow any third party to) modify, copy, reproduce, broadcast, republish, sell, resell, exploit, create derivative works of or distribute in any way any portion of the Site Material. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding online conduct and information transmission. Qura retains the title to all Site Material.
- License to Qura. By posting, uploading, e-mailing or otherwise transmitting Material via or to the Site or engaging in any other form of communication through the Site, you certify that you have the right to grant, and hereby grant, Qura and its affiliates a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, sublicensable right and license to: Use, copy, edit, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, transmit, retransmit, distribute, perform, or display in any manner any Material (or any portion thereof) that you post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit via or to the Site; and use your name and likeness in connection with such Material or communications, and related advertising, marketing, and promotional material.
You agree that you shall have no recourse against Qura for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in such Material or communications. The foregoing grants shall include the right of Qura to exploit any proprietary rights in such Material or communications, including, but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark, patent laws or the law of any relevant jurisdiction. You warrant that you own any such Material or communications (including all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the foregoing and in any works embodied therein) free and clear of any and all third party interests and claims or that you otherwise have all licenses or consents necessary to provide such Material to Qura on the terms stated herein.
- Communication Service. The Site may include e-mail services, chat rooms, discussion forums, or other means of messaging or communication (collectively, “Communication Service”), which may allow feedback to Qura and real-time interaction between users. Qura does not control the messages, information or files delivered to the Communication Service. You agree not to use the Communication Service or this Site to:
Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Service.
Post or transmit any Material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, hateful, indecent or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, including, without limitation any postings or transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation.
Post or transmit any Material that you do not have the right to transmit under any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship, violates or infringes upon the rights of others, is invasive of another’s privacy or publicity rights, or is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder.
Post or transmit any Material that contains viruses or other harmful components, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or communications equipment.
Post, transmit or in any way exploit any Material for commercial purposes.
Post or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters” or “pyramid schemes.”
Harm minor children in any way.
Impersonate any person, entity or forge headers or manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Material.
Interfere with or disrupt the Site, servers or networks connected thereto.
You understand that Qura has no obligation to, and does not, monitor the Communication Service. However, Qura reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion, to (a) disclose any Material posted by you or any other user as necessary or desirable to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental or court request, enforce these Terms, respond to claims that any such Material violates third party rights, or protect the rights, property or personal safety of Qura and/or this website, its users and the public, and (b) edit, refuse to post or to remove any such Material, in whole or in part. In consideration of your use of the Site (including Communication Service), you agree to waive any right you may otherwise have to take action against Qura or its directors, officers employees, or affiliates arising from anything you may see or hear through use of the Site.
- Access to this Website. Qura is not responsible or liable for any Website password, information, or the use or nonuse of it. It is your sole responsibility to control, authorize and monitor any password and access to this website and to your profile information. You grant Qura and its agents the right to store, monitor, transmit, retrieve and use your profile information in connection with the Site operation.
- Medical Products. Third parties may offer medical products through the Site. Except for its own products and services, Qura does not control or endorse any such medical products, and is not responsible or liable for them in anyway. You are solely responsible for evaluating the quality and usefulness of such medical products.
- User Representation. You warrant that you are at least 18 years old and possess the legal right and ability to agree to the Terms.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, (A) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, (B) ANY WARRANTIES OF COMPLIANCE WITH GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ON PRESCRIPTION DRUGS, AND (C) ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIAL, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR- FREE, THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING IS FREE OF VIRUSES AND OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, THAT DEFECTS IN ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT RESULTS OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, THAT THE QUALITY OF ANY MATERIAL, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. QURA PROJECT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM QURA OR THIS WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT BY USING THE SITE, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO MATERIAL THAT IS VIOLENT, SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, OR OTHERWISE OFFENSIVE. YOU ACCESS SUCH MATERIAL SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL QURA OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY UNDER THESE TERMS FOR ANY (A) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, (B) LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE, (C) COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SOFTWARE, MATERIAL, GOODS OR SERVICES, OR (D) CLAIMS ATTRIBUTABLE TO INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES OF THE SITE AND/OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SITE; EVEN IF QURA OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, QURA DOES NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF WHICH IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. IN SUCH CASES, LIABILITY OF QURA IS LIMITED TO THE LEAST EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Qura, its parents, affiliates, licensors, licensees and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all liabilities, claims, damages, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, in connection with your use of the Site, any Material you post, upload, e-mail or otherwise transmit via or to the Site, or your violation or alleged violation of the Terms.
- Termination. You agree that Qura has the right at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you, to (a) modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any part thereof), (b) deactivate or delete any of your passwords and accounts, and all related information and files in your accounts and/or bar any further access to such information and files, (c) remove any Material posted or uploaded by you, (d) terminate your right to access the Site, and (e) terminate this agreement. You agree that Qura shall not be liable to you or any third party for any of the foregoing. Except Section 3, all other Sections of the Terms shall survive the termination of this agreement.
- Third Party Rights. The provisions of these Terms are for the benefit of Qura, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, licensees, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- Designated Agent. Pursuant to the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Qura’s designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Site is:
David F. Hendren
P.O. Box 51
Medway, MA 02331
- Miscellaneous. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Qura governing the use of the Site. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Any failure by Qura to enforce any right or provision of this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the United States without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof and without regard to the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. For any dispute in connection with the use of the Site, you expressly agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Massachusetts.
Thank you for visiting us. We hope that our Site is helpful and easy to use. To better serve you, please direct any questions or comments about this Site to email@example.com. We are eager to hear from you!
How We Collect Information
Active Collection of Information. Qura, Inc. may actively collect information from its users both by asking specific questions and by permitting users to communicate directly with and through the Website via e-mail, feedback forms, surveys, comments, and discussion forums. Some of the information that users submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with users, such as full name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on). Some areas of this site may require users to submit information in order to benefit from the specified features (such as newsletter subscriptions, profile page, and order processing) or to participate in a particular activity. Users will be informed at each information collection point what information is required and what information is optional.
Passive Information Collection. As users navigate through this website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without users actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as cookies, Internet Protocol addresses, and navigational data collection.
Cookies. Qura collects information using ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies. Cookies do not collect personally identifiable information. Cookies enable the Website to uniquely identify a user for such functions as Website updates, news, jobs and resume submission, journal access, and discussion forums access.
Session cookies are small text files that a website sends to a user’s web browser that helps the site remember information about the user and about a user’s preferences. The cookie terminates once a user closes the browser or after a 24-hour interval. Session cookies are used to store sensitive information such as a user’s Qura password, if applicable.
Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of a user’s computer and remain there until a user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on a user’s computer for purposes such as retrieving certain information users may have previously provided (for example, a Qura user ID, if applicable).
Use and Disclosure of Information
Internet Protocol Addresses (IP Addresses). An IP Address is a number assigned to a user’s computer by a user’s Internet service provider so that users can access the Internet. Qura uses IP addresses to report aggregate information, to determine the fastest route for a user’s computer to connect to this website, and to administer and improve this website. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
If users provide personally identifiable information to Qura through this website, the website may combine that information with other actively collected information unless Qura specifies otherwise at the point of collection. Qura will take reasonable measures to prevent personally identifiable information from being combined with passively collected information, unless users consent otherwise.
Providing and Updating Personally Identifiable Information
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as a user transmits information from his or her computer to Qura and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from Qura may not be secure, and users should therefore take special care in deciding what information users send to this website via e-mail. Moreover, in any circumstance where users use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on this website, it is a user’s responsibility to safeguard them.
Links to Other Websites
Qura may from time to time use third-party companies to conduct its operations.
We highly value your trust and are always ready to answer your questions about the handling of your personal data.
Last Updated: June 27, 2022